Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Hello hello! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  Mine was exhausting but great.  We took my little cousin all over Dallas- literally.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend.

The boys riding around Dallas, while I chased after them with my camera.

Operated since 1912.  It's such a nostalgic blast from the past.  We enjoyed a lunch of gooey grilled cheese and terrific shakes.  There's just something so fantastic about a frosty shake on a blistering hot day.



The Uptown Trolleys are 100 year old trolleys that run from the Uptown area in Dallas all the way Downtown.  They're completely free, and so much fun.  This was our first time on them, and it certainly won't be our last.



We spent the afternoon at the Dallas World Aquarium, although the term "aquarium" is a bit of a misnomer.  It's more like a small zoo.  You start at the top of a rainforest like building and wind your way down to the aquariums.  




We wrapped up Saturday with a play at Pocket Sandwich Theatre.  I honestly cannot say enough good things about this place.  They frequently show melodramas and encourage patrons to chunk popcorn at the bad guys (and other patrons).  It's a great place to take a group of friends or an active kid.  He had such a good time.  This series of pictures is my favorite.  I took a couple dozen of him and J goofing around with the popcorn.

Hope you enjoyed these! And come back tomorrow, I'll be posting one of my all time favorite dinner recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment