Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Harry Potter and Bastille Day!

I feel like today could not be more "me" than if I had created itself.  Today is Bastille Day, French Independence Day.  I love France and any excuse to partake in anything "French."  I'm headed to Bastille on Bishop later this evening to partake in some mussels (although I probably shouldn't because I'm allergic to them), wine, petanque, and all around French fun.  The Bishop Arts District in Dallas is one of my favorite place all around.  It's a little reminiscent of Austin, and by that I mean a little funky, a little "home grown" and definitely dedicated to all things local.

bastille2.jpg


And after that,  I'm head to snag a seat for....(drum roll, please) the last Harry Potter movie!!  I've been a huge Harry Potter fan since middle school.  I can actually remember the day I read the first book.  My mom checked it out from the library in hopes that my brother would read it.  I happened to be sick and picked it up out of boredom.  From that moment on I was hooked.  Since middle school, I've been reading, watching, or waiting on Harry Potter.  It's a little bittersweet to see it go.  I'll definitely probably cry the entire movie.  We're also going to watch it at the IMAX in 3d so, it honestly could not have a better ending for me.

To celebrate Harry Potter, I'm whipping up some butterbeer before the movie.  For those not in the know, butterbeer is a common beverage consumed in the wizarding world.  I've always wondered what it tasted like, and then I happened to stumble across a recipe one day.  The awesome blog, Cook Like a Champion, recreated a version and it's supposed to be spot on.

Honestly, how delicious does this look?!

5179647282.jpg
Photo from Cook Like a Champion Blog.


You can find the recipe here.  Awesome news is that it only requires 3 ingredients.

*Note- the drink can be made non-alcoholic by substituting the butterscotch schnapps for butterscotch syrup.

Happy Harry Potter and Bastille Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment