Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cook Something: Brunch and Easter Dinner

I don't want to talk much about the specific details of this brunch or the rest of the day.  Suffice it to say that it was a lovely day for Jason, Dolce, Roy, and myself and I'm very thankful that our last day together was so special.


Moving along...I love brunch.  Love it.  It is my absolute favorite meal.  I mean, when else can you eat sweet food, savory food, and drink libations before noon without being judged?  Winner.

The key to a good brunch is to balance foods you have to prepare/cook with those you do not.  For this brunch, the only thing I actually cooked was the asparagus tart.  I simply laid the "lox, stock, and berries" {you know you missed the bad puns} in a pretty arrangement on a platter.  After that it was simply a matter of pouring the coffee and blood orange soda {for mimosas} into pretty containers.


Asparagus Gruyere Tart - Thank you Martha.  Super easy and very tasty.  I would recommend cutting it in much smaller pieces than she suggests.  It was kind of difficult to bite the large pieces.


"Lox, Stock, and Berries" - strawberries, brie, blackberries, smoked salmon topped with capers, fresh sliced baguette, and cream cheese

Beverages- ice coffee and blood orange mimosas.  

Easter Dinner:


Onion Souffle - probably the most delicious thing I have eaten in a long time.
Sous vide lamb, with a mustard thyme glaze.  If you have no idea what "sous vide" is stay tuned, I'll be singing its many many praises soon.
Yeast Rolls - not pictured
Pecan Peas - you can almost see them behind the candle.

 Easter Dessert:

Lemon Cream Butter Cake - This was absolutely heavenly


 Perfect meals for a perfect day.






2 comments:

Legally Lovely said...

You must have so much patience in the kitchen! I am always trying to eat whatever I can fix in under 10 minutes. Everything you made looks so yummy! Wish we lived closer so we could brunch together; I love it!

SummerBreeze said...

Aww thank you! For some reason cooking is what I think of as "fun time." And brunch together would be so great! I hope you're enjoying your clerkship position!

Post a Comment