Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gifts for Girls and Christmas Decorations!

This post is a smorgasbord of holiday cheer!

Up first, a super easy gift to make for any girl.  This gift has an intended recipient...but I SO want to keep it for myself.  Is that bad?


To make this little bowl you simply roll out a block of clay to about 1/4" thick.  Lay a doily over a section of the bowl and smash it into the clay using a rolling pin.

At this point you can either leave the edges as the are or use something circular to cut out the clay.  Doing this will give you a perfectly circular bowl.  If you want a more organic looking bowl (which I did) you can omit this step. 

Bake your bowl in a 275 degree over for approximately 15 minutes.  Do not over bake.  Check the instructions on your clay to verify the baking time.

The edges will be a little jagged.  Simply sand them down with a fine to medium grit piece of sandpaper or sanding sponge.  (I used both.)


Spray paint with desire paint color.  I used white primer because I wanted a very matte finish.

And in case you're wondering...yes I did carve my initials into the side.


Admire your super cute little bowl.  



And some of the decorations around my house.  This isn't all of them...which made me realize I really do have a ton of decorations.

And is it me or does this one look like a photo from a catalogue?







Jason's one group of decorations...and the only kitschy decorations.  :)




I hope your holiday season is going well and a very Happy Hanukkah to anyone celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment