Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The twilight of summer



So I know I said that I'd post a couple of tutorials while at the lake, and I had every intention of doing that.  Buuuut, in order to post things you need pictures, and in order to take pictures you need a camera.  I completely forgot to bring my camera, which was even more upsetting by the fact that I couldn't take pictures at the wedding.

I've been pretty terrible about blogging these last couple weeks.  I'm ok with that, but I want to explain why.  I'm currently in the twilight of summer stage.  I have two measly weeks left until schools stars {again}.  I feel like I'm in the eye of a hurricane, and the temporary lull is almost over.  Instead of idyllic evenings and weekend adventures, it'll be 9 months of studying hell, sobbing breakdowns, and obsessive planner usage.  Logically I know the next 9 months won't be all terrible.  They'll be filled with adventures, laughter, and bouts of sleep deprive euphoria.  I know this, and to be honest I'm excited and ready for the upcoming semester.  But right now all I can see is the approaching storm, and all I want to do is be lazy until it arrives.
Free Printable from Making it Lovely.

I don't want to paint.  I don't want to clean.  I don't want to write.  I don't want to do anything that approximates a responsibility until that becomes the full time norm.  My sudden need for laziness is probably exacerbated by the alarming number of meetings I have for the next two weeks.  I have a meeting Thursday, law review training Saturday, a meeting Sunday, helping with orientation next Monday through Wednesday, first day of class assignments to tackle, and who knows what else.  Then, school starts August 22nd.

So forgive me if I'm absent.  I'm trying to soak up the last rays of the summer sun before I lock myself in my office and the library.  Things will be back to normal around here, once I'm no longer chasing freedom.

*I'm also auditioning for a craft competition where the crafts have to be anonymous.  So I'm trying to stock pile crafts for that competition, which limits my ability to post them on here currently.*

Thanks so much for your patience, and good luck to everyone preparing to start another round of school, especially to all of my law school peeps!  

2 comments:

Rebeka said...

Gahhh I'm feeling the EXACT same way. 3L starts for me on August 22nd too, and since my internship ended I've basically been doing nothing with my life except eating and drinking summery drinks with friends, water/sun fun and sleeping a million hours a night. I totally think we deserve to enjoy it until the very end! Happy summer!

Legally Lovely said...

Enjoy your last bit of summer! I know how you feel (I basically took the entire summer off from blogging). Have lots of fun for those of us who start school on Monday. :)

Post a Comment