Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Talking 'Bout a Heatwave!

I'm not sure about where you are, but in Texas it is hot, hot, HOT.  Yesterday the forecast looked like this(!):


Yesterday's temperature actually reached 112 degrees at the peak of the day...and it was still over 100 degrees at 10pm!!!  Nuts.  I cannot remember a time when it has ever been this hot, and I've lived in Texas my entire life.  We're on 33 days of triple digit temperatures, and clearly, it doesn't look like the end is in sight.  The record for Dallas is 42 days, and we're either going to break that or get very, very close.  The grass in my backyard is completely burnt, even though we have automatic sprinklers (although the amount/time is drastically limited due to extreme drought conditions).

Days like today make me want to do this:


or this:


or this:
*Note- I have like a billion swimsuits, so I find it funny I'm wearing the exact same one in all of these pictures.

And drink this:

CLSangriaTable

And because I am blessed beyond ways that I deserve, that's exactly what I'll be doing tomorrow through Sunday.  Jason and I leave for the lake this evening, and I can't imagine a better way to turn 26.  There's also a wedding on the docket for this weekend (no, not mine!), so that makes it even sweeter.

I'll be posting lots of photos and a couple of tutorials while I'm at the lake, including a super easy maxi dress and some tasty coffee cake, so come back soon!  And if you're in a city that's being scorched, drink plenty of water!


2 comments:

Abby said...

I LOVE that bathing suit! Have a fun trip to the lake!!

Andrea Reh said...

Being from New Zealand, I'm not quite sure what that means - but it definitely sounds hot! And that sangria... Yum!

Andrea x

Post a Comment