Monday, April 2, 2012

Sunday Patio Time

Spring is my favorite season.  Everything is blooming, birds are singing, and the weather is usually perfect.  After 5 hours in the library on Sunday, a healthy dose of patio time and a perfect spring time cocktail were a perfect way to spend an evening.

Raspberry Beer Cocktail, adapted from Southern Living

This cocktail is perfect.  It's super easy to make.  Super refreshing and not too sweet.  The last thing I want to drink in warm weather is a cloyingly sweet drink.

Also, I'm a big fan of presentation.  Life is super busy, but I really enjoy taking time to make things special.  So yes, I always decorate my drinks at home and serve them on trays, even if it's only for Jason and me.  I find that the little moments, when given the chance, often become the ones I remember the most.

Ingredients:

  • 4 Coronas
  • 1 can raspberry lemonade, thawed
  • 1/2 cup vodka
  • 1/2 to 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
  • Lemon slices to garnish
Mix all of the ingredients in a large pitcher.  Garnish with lemon slices and a spring of mint and enjoy.



Perfect.

1 comment:

Legally Lovely said...

That looks good! I'm a big fan of really sweet drinks though. Maybe this would be a good compromise for me and my beer-drinking boyfriend.

Post a Comment