Friday, June 10, 2011

Tales of an Itchy Dog

So my little Dolce has broken out in hives all over his stomach.  It pains me so much to see him so uncomfortable.  I thought we finally had his allergy situation under control, after a very long year of trial and error and countless skin infections and vet visits.  Unfortunately, his allergies have reared their ugly heads again, and we'll be making another trip to the vet this afternoon.


I've been pretty OCD diligent in keeping track of when the allergies start, and I've come to a fairly strong conclusion that little Dolce is allergic to...grass.  It also explains why the rest of his body is fine, but his stomach is a mess.  He's reacting to contact with the grass.

Started out like this...

And now it look like this...Poor baby.  :(

Fingers crossed the vet gives me something that works and we can put this phase behind us as well.

And this is Jason's first weekend not working in forever, so we're definitely looking forward to some down time and some fun in the sun!  Hope all of your weekends are great!


1 comment:

Abby said...

Aw, that last picture is so great! Poor pup. One of our dogs is allergic to grass and another is having super bad skin allergies. We've tried so many diff medicines, so I understand how frustrating it can be!

Post a Comment