Thursday, September 22, 2011

My life these days...

Has been more than a little frustrating.  I am stressed beyond belief at the moment.  Part of it has to do with a case note that I do not have time for research.  Part of it has to do with a cite check that I know is going to come at the most inopportune time (i.e. the week before my case note draft is due, which also happens to be the weekend that I'll be in New Orleans for a weeding).  Part of it has to do with the ungodly stress of the legal job market.  But mainly it has to do with my inability to sleep.

True story: I hate the library.  I never ever study in there.  I feel like the life is being sucked out of me every time I walk in there.  So this is where you'll find me.  In a random lobby with bad lighting and creepy paintings of old people.

Annnnd in the event you're wondering, the "Dispute Concerning Navigational and Related Rights (Costa Rica v. Nicaragua) is the topic of my case note.  Riveting.  And one of the opinions is in French.  Entirely.  I can somewhat read French, but I'm not sure I can read French legalese.  Should be fun.

 For some reason, I've developed a terrible case on insomnia.  Regardless of the fact that I'm exhausted all day, everyday I cannot fall asleep at night.  I lay awake for hours, and when I finally fall asleep I wake up periodically.  I never fully fall asleep until around 7 am, and then it's a mere 3 hours until I absolutely have to be awake.  I spend most of my days with a raging headache and absolutely no energy.  Jay said I looked like I was dragging myself from one responsibility to another.  And it's been going on this way for a month.  I'm constantly on the verge of tears.  Not really because anything is wrong, but because I'm so exhausted that my nerves are 100% completely frazzled.

And it's causing my clumsiness to go way out of control.  Yesterday I head butted the bathtub.  Seriously.  I flipped my head over and flipped it right into the side of our bathtub.  It was pretty funny, aside from the fact that our bathtub is from the 1930's so it's cast iron and ceramic...meaning I basically slammed my head into a giant LeCreuset.  Once we determined I didn't have a concussion, Jay and I did have a good laugh about it.

But it's finally starting to feel like fall, and I can't help but hope that sleep is just around the corner.  Aside from the exhaustion and stress, life is good so I shouldn't complain too much.  I keep trying to remind myself of all the blessings I do have, even when I feel like a mountain of problems are piling up at my door.

If you've read this far, thanks for listening to my rant.  I pinky promise I'll start posting some useful things again soon.  Until then, in case I don't see you, "Good afternoon, good evening, and good night."

No comments:

Post a Comment